After going to Lincoln Elementary I was shocked by how much technology they are using in their classrooms and how they are able to utilize PBL. I think that being able to have students teaching students using technology is a great idea. In one of the classrooms I was in the students were explaining their math reasoning to why they got the answer they did. I think that this is really great. Having students walk other students step by step to what they are thinking is important. I also thought that the library has a lot of great resources and the head media specialist was great. She has a passion for what she does. It is really great to see how one person can really make a difference in a school. She is one of those people!! I also liked to see the 5th grade classroom and how they were using PBL to build structures using popsicle sticks. I think that the reasoning behind everything that is going on in this school is great and the students are benefitting from it greatly. Overall I enjoyed the experience and left very impressed.Image from: http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/wcfcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/e/b3/eb353782-fd78-11df-8e76-001cc4c002e0/4cf694032ad39.image.jpg
No comments:
Post a Comment