Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Second Life intro

So, I am completing the first part of the SL assignment. I feel that second life provides some really neat possibilities for people who are willing to sit down and explore the virtual world. You get to create your won avatar and explore different virtual islands. Throughout the islands you can learn different things and meet different people. This can also be used as a virtual meeting place for people who actual want to meet. This would definitely put a creative swing on the whole meeting!

  As for me I don't really know how much I would use it just because I have a hard time sitting down in front of the computer for along period of time. I tend to find myself on the go most of the time. I also think that I would appreciate more face to face meetings or just a basic skype session. To me it seems more personal to do it that way. But i understand the possible benefits of using SL.

Overall I do see how people can enjoy second life. IT can open people to a whole new community of people. If someone needs more interactions with people or wants to meet new people this is definitely the thing for you! For more information go to secondlife.com.

 Image from :http://c4lpt.co.uk/Top100Tools/secondlife.jpg

1 comment:

  1. You make some good comments, John. Face-to-face is better than online, but what about a system like Second Life that allows people from around Iowa, USA or the world to get together.

    Z

    ReplyDelete